Exceptional Memory Care for Texas Seniors
Creating a great retirement community takes more than convenience, comfort, and luxury. For seniors who struggle with dementia-related illness (including Alzheimer’s) and the families who love them, creditable and fulfilling care takes extra attention, compassion and creativity.
Our Refreshing Waters© Memory Care program does just that. It is person-centered care combined with meaningful lifestyle activity programs.
About Franklin Park® Refreshing Waters© Memory Care
We follow a “whole-life” philosophy in our memory care communities.
We strongly believe in providing an inviting, enjoyable, and, most of all, comfortable atmosphere for our residents. We achieve this through well-trained and compassionate staff, working in an environment that is aesthetically pleasing and optimizes our residents’ physical, mental, and emotional health.
Our team is made up of dedicated caregivers who specialize in caring for residents with dementia-related conditions. They are respectful, empathetic, and understand the special needs associated with caring for people with memory loss. Our Refreshing Waters© Memory Care programs provides a purpose-built environment, designed to enhance daily routines and allowing residents to continue life’s journey surrounded by people who truly care for them.
We recognize that everyone has strengths, gifts, and something valuable to contribute to their community. The Refreshing Waters© Program is built on the understanding that those struggling with dementia-related illness still have a lot to say—we just need to know how to listen.
Our professionals are trained to:
- Recognize the person first, the disease second
- Accept that each resident is unique
- Apply empathy and validation
- Respect, support and nurture all residents
- Design programs based on each person’s interests
- Focus on each resident’s retained abilities
- Integrate programs into our residents’ daily routines
- One to One Activity: Requires taking the activity to the resident
- Independent Groups: Usually self-directed or requiring little supervision
- Small Groups:Three or more people sharing an activity
- Large Groups: Ten or more people sharing an activity
- Parallel Groups: Non-interacting groups participating in different programs based on interests and abilities
- Dual Programming: Helps keep residents stimulated and engaged, with choices for simultaneous activities based on interests and abilities
We know just how challenging life with dementia-related illness can be. But with gentle, supportive care and the strength and fellowship of a close-knit community, seniors struggling with memory loss—and their partners—can still enjoy a fulfilling retirement.
Also, as part of our commitment to resident health and wellness, we encourage residents to participate in cognitive and physical fitness programs to help maintain their existing mental and physical strengths.
Going for a leisurely stroll, or purposeful wandering, within the courtyard or just stepping out for a breath of fresh air are freedoms that can be enjoyed every single day. Our compassionate staff members will work closely with each resident to understand, and meet, their special needs.
Our staff is dedicated to providing programs and services to enliven the senses and enhance the well-being of our all of our residents, and encourage connections with others. Our community model is designed around smaller neighborhood settings, creating the essence of home within a safe and secure environment.
We offer a variety of vibrant life enrichment activities based on each resident’s interests and abilities. Our residents can engage in many ways, including participation in painting, music therapy, and growing vegetables and flowers in raised gardening beds. There are also supervised activities of daily living like mixing cookie dough, doing the laundry, and participating in religious services.
Community Design Features
Our beautiful communities have been carefully designed to provide a supportive lifestyle in a safe, welcoming, and secure setting.
We have included thoughtful features such as an abundance of natural light, warm and inviting colors, and vibrant spaces that promote a sense of calm and well-being. Our memory care communities offer secured environments which allow for purposeful wandering within the community and within the secured courtyard, but limit access to the exits for greater resident safety.
Families are always welcome at our communities, and residents and their families are invited to share a visit in our large, safe and secure courtyards that allow residents to engage with nature and embrace the beauty of the outdoors.
Mealtimes are also special for our memory care residents. Our dining rooms are large and bright, incorporating beautiful, traditional home-like design along with combined with the practical aspects of providing care.
Apartment Home Features and Amenities
Each of our apartment homes is creatively designed and thoughtfully planned for comfort and ease of living.
Memory care residents can choose either a studio apartment, or a larger two bedroom/two bathroom suite*. Whichever they choose, they will have access to the same comfortable features and amenities.
- Shared and Private spacious apartments
- Low-profile attractive vinyl flooring
- Shadow boxes for reminiscence and personal mementos
- Dressing areas
- Locking Medicine Cabinets
- Wheelchair-accessible showers
- Pathway Night Lights
Amenities and Services
- Social, spiritual, physical, and cognitive programs to encourage interaction and engagement
- Outdoor courtyard
- Lifecare memory stations
- Housekeeping services (twice weekly)
- Laundry service, including linens
- Three healthy, nourishing meals a day, plus snacks
We’d love to talk about your story.
How can Franklin Park® help you today? Do you have a question about becoming a resident? Would you like more information about our senior living services? Ask away.